Saturday, April 3, 2010

Not anymore....

For years I have felt guilty for my growing apathy. Every few months a little bit more, every year the hope of change dwindling. After a discussion with my brilliant husband we looked up the word "apathy". In addition to the more recognizable definitions there was one that really rose up and screamed for me to take notice!

"Freedom from suffering"

I pray this same freedom for those I love. I thank God for this gift and for the release of guilt for having it all these years!

Sometimes, things are just better left as they are. Sometimes it's God's unanswered prayers that show you the way and strengthen your life, enrich your life, make everything come together in an unexpected way that is better than you ever thought possible. Sometimes it's the things that DON'T happen that take us in the direction He wants us to go.

No comments: