Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A day on a hill! :)

So last week Kathy invited us to go on a walk at Mt. Pisgah. We took the kids and our friends The Pelroys and had a fantastic time! Next time however, I will NOT be wearing crocs! Note to self: always wear tennies on a hike! Duh!

I'll start with some amazing nature shots. I don't think a bad picture COULD be taken at this place! So beautiful!








This has to be THE coolest tree I've ever seen. You could literally see right through it and still it grows and thrives! How can people see things like this and NOT believe in God?

Little Jack Jack all packed up and ready to go! Isn't he freaking ADORABLE? Oh I just wanna eat him up!
One of the few pics you'll see of Allie...she was not interested in letting me take pictures of her AT ALL. Stinker.
Lady killer. Am I biased or is the the most handsome boy ever? Nope...not biased.

Luke was all about me taking his picture (and of course therefore so was Grace!) He was finding the coolest places to pose and then was like "MOM, take my picture here!" Love that boy!
My beauty.
The whole clan!

Picture op!
The Pelroys! Jessica, Ryan, Martin and Wyatt (Jack Jack to his Aunt Becky)
Poison Oak! Noooo touchy!
Mark saying "That's poison oak...noooo touchy."
Luke thought this log carved out to be a bench looked like a coffin. He was the vampire sleeping in it.
And Gracie just peered sweetly from the other side LOL
Education time!


"Ooo, Martin...turn this way that's a cool shot!" I was right!
I finally got a pic of Ryan...he was distracted by the kids throwing rocks long enough for me to get it!

Right after this, Grace lost her shoe and Jessica hopped in the river to save it! Such a good auntie!
Sister friends! (ugh...time to start working out!)
Ryan!


Reading up on something...always the scholor.
Gracie was trying to climb this tree...not easy in crocs.

This pile smelled like Mark used to when he worked for Weyerhauser. Allie and I were in heaven!

My Beloved and me
Luke was tired and decided to take a break to meditate....
But Ryan had other ideas...get up!
"MOMMY I CAUGHT A LADYBUG!!!"





Some of the trees out there are so amazing. They grow sideways! This one was at a perfect height for swinging like a monkey!

Ryan wanted to until Mama got him closer...then he changed his mind!
Uh...you want me to go where now?

Luke was SO done. LOL
Allie and Mark got a bit ahead. I was going slow for Ryan's sake. No, really!

Mark, Kathy, Allie and Luke decided to try to get to the top...Gracie and I decided, um, not to.
Ryan and Grace were done...
...about 15 feet from the car! LOL
A wonderful walk! We will definitely be going back!

No comments: