Monday, September 15, 2008

Back In the Routine

So after losing a staggering 70 pounds the last couple years I've totally slacked off this summer!!! Now before you start the lecture, let me tell you that after an entire summer of sporatic eating, hardly working out and generally negecting myself; I only gained back THREE pounds!! (Woot for all those work outs that prepped my body for such a slack as this!) Last weekend my girlfriend, Mom and I decided it's time to take our control back! School is back, weather is fading back into fall, no more bbq's...NO MORE EXCUSES!!! Hehe! I took last week to get back into the swing of things (lost those three pounds btw) and am back on it completely today. I'll be down 20 more by the end of the year; so is my oath to myself! Running wasn't nearly as easy as I remember it being a few months ago!! I'm sure gonna be sore and cursing myself tomorrow!

The kids are adjusting to school very well! Allie of course LOVES school and settled back in easily. She's also started her piano lessons and her new teacher thinks she'll progress quickly. It's nice to have found someone so close...no more trips to CG! Yay! Luke is absolutely falling in love with school already! Unfortunately he's in the afternoon class so I have to hear the never ending question of "how much longer, Mom" from the time I get back from TAKING Allie til 11am when I can finally drop him off!! Kind of pestering, but still sweet that he is so excited for it!

The kids did not make it past the first week without getting a cold however. Although after seeing my girlfriend yesterday I'm not entirely convinced it wasn't her son that gave it to them instead of the germ infested school! Ah well, building up those immunities!!! Nana taught little Gracie her Great Grandma's trick of keeping a tissue tucked in the sleeve of her sweater...Gracie thought that was pretty smart!! LOL Wasn't long before I found it wet and crumpled in the middle of the kitchen floor, but best laid plans....

Mark goes back to rotation on October 1st! The dayshift deal didn't last quite as long as we had hoped, but we are enjoying it as much as we can. He's going back at just the right time to NOT have Luke's b-day off! :( Although on the bright side that will make his b-day last an entire week!!

No comments: