Sunday, May 3, 2009

Admitted again

So Mark spiked a fever yesterday and we began a very treacherous journey to weekend admittance to the hospital!  DUN DUN DUUNNNN!!!  Ya, it sucked.  Being as we're new to this whole cancer thing, we weren't aware of how it's supposed to work.  All we knew was when he spiked a fever, he gets admitted.  So we called the on call doc who told us to "make haste" to the ER, which we did.  Everyone and their brother thinks they have the Swine Flu of course, so the ER was PACKED!  We got back, told them what was up, got registered and were vaguely surprised when they sent us back out to the germ infested lobby.  Luckily we were able to find a dark corner where we huddled together in fear as the sickies circled in slowly....ok, not really but the corner part is true and it sure did feel like a Stephen King movie!  Anyhoo, an hour out there, then another THREE hours before we saw a doc (yes, 3.  three.  THREE!!!) and then another hour and a half after that to finally get onto the eighth floor.  after hour 2.75 I called to complain to my mom and she's like...no way that's how they do it.  There's GOT to be some sort of procedure to get cancer patients through!  Why would they have us wait to see an ER doc when our Oncologist already said, admit him!  Oh ya, duh...why didn't I think of that?  So I called the on call doc again and he was appalled!  Quickly made a call and that's when the ball started rolling.  OY!  He was very upset to learn that they'd stuck us back in the lobby too with all the sickies...he said he specifically told them NOT to do that.  (Well, duh!)

Oh well.  Lesson learned.

Anyway, we are here.  Mark spiked a bigger fever last night as we got to our room so it's definitely a good thing we are here.  He's on two different antibiotics and is feeling kinda lousy, but NOTHING like the first time we were here so it's all good.  He's still eating fine (Cheetos as I write this), in good spirits and ready to go home.  Of course.  Is it possible to love a place and hate it at the same time you ask?  Oh yes, it's possible!  Trust me!!

Love to all!

~B~

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Well, I'm glad you've got puter access I guess. Cheetos? I am SO not surprised LOL

I wish there was something I could do. Maybe I'll see what other stupid jokes I can find...

:)

Unknown said...

Hey guys,

Eran contacted me last night to tell me the news. I'm really shocked, and am sending all my get-well wishes your way. Please take care of yourself, Mark!

I'm about to leave for a camping trip, but I'll get in contact with you guys next week, to convey my feelings in a better way than a blog comment.