Thursday, May 7, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

I was out walking with my 4 year old daughter. She picked up something
off the ground and started to put it in her mouth. I took the item away
from her and I asked her not to do that. 'Why?' my daughter asked.
'Because it's been on the ground, you don't know where it's been, it's
dirty, and probably has germs' I replied. At this point, my daughter
looked at me with total admiration and asked, 'Momma, how do you know
all this stuff, you are so smart.' I was thinking quickly. 'All moms
know this stuff. It's on the Mom Test. You have to know it, or they
don't let you be a Mom.' We walked along in silence for 2 or 3 minutes,
but she was evidently pondering this new information. 'OH...I get it!'
she beamed, 'So if you don't pass the test you have to be the dad.
''Exactly' I replied back with a big smile on my face.



25 REASONS I OWE MY MOTHER

1. My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE .
'If you're going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning.'

2. My mother taught me RELIGION.
'You better pray that will come out of the carpet.'

3. My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL .
'If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!'

4. My mother taught me LOGIC..
' Because I said so, that's why .'

5. My mother taught me MORE LOGIC ..
'If you fall out of that swing and break your neck, you're not going to the store with me.'

6. My mother taught me FORESIGHT.
'Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you're in an accident.'

7. My mother taught me IRONY
'Keep crying, and I'll give you something to cry about.'

8. My mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS.
'Shut your mouth and eat your supper.'

9. My mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM .
'Will you look at that dirt on the back of your neck!'

10. My mother taught me about STAMINA.
'You'll sit there until all that spinach is gone.'

11. My mother taught me about WEATHER.
'This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it.'

12. My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY.
'If I told you once, I've told you a million times. Don't exaggerate!'

13. My mother taught me the CIRCLE OF LIFE .
'I brought you into this world, and I can take you out.'

14. My mother taught me about BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION.
'Stop acting like your father!'

15. My mother taught me about ENVY.
'There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don't have wonderful parents like you do.'

16. My mother taught me about ANTICIPATION.
'Just wait until we get home.'

17. My mother taught me about RECEIVING .
'You are going to get it when you get home!'

18. My mother taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE.
'If you don't stop crossing your eyes, they are going to freeze that way.'

19. My mother taught me ESP.
'Put your sweater on; don't you think I know when you are cold?'

20. My mother taught me HUMOR.
'When that lawn mower cuts off your foot, don't come running to me.'

21. My mother taught me HOW TO BECOME AN ADULT .
'If you don't eat your vegetables, you'll never grow up.'

22. My mother taught me GENETICS.
'You're just like your father.'

23. My mother taught me about my ROOTS.
'Shut that door behind you. Do you think you were born in a barn?'

24. My mother taught me WISDOM.
'When you get to be my age, you'll understand.'

25. And my favorite: My mother taught me about JUSTICE
'One day you'll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you.


You are in your car driving home. Thoughts wander to the game you
want to see or meal you want to eat, when suddenly a sound unlike any you've
ever heard fills the air. The sound is high above you. A trumpet? A choir? A
choir of trumpets? You don't know, but you want to know.. So you pull over,
get out of your car, and look up. As you do, you see you aren't the only
curious one. The roadside has become a parking lot. Car doors are open, and
people are Staring at the sky. Shoppers are racing out of the grocery store.

The Little League baseball game across the street has come to a halt. Players
and parents are searching the clouds And what they see, and what you see, has
never before been seen.

As if the sky were a curtain, the drapes of the atmosphere part. A brilliant light spills onto the earth. There are no shadows. None.

From every hue ever seen and a million more never seen. Riding on the flow is an endless fleet of angels. They pass through the curtains one myriad at a time, until they occupy every square inch of the sky. North. South. East. West.

Thousands of silvery wings rise and fall in unison, and over the sound of the trumpets, you can hear the cherubim and seraphim chanting, Holy, holy, holy.. The
final flank of angels is followed by twenty-four silver-bearded elders and a
multitude of souls who join the angels in worship.

Suddenly, the heavens are quiet. All is quiet.. The angels turn, you turn, the entire world turns and there He is.. Jesus..

Through waves of light you see the silhouetted figure of Christ the King.
He is atop a great stallion, and the stallion is atop a billowing cloud. He
opens his mouth, and you are surrounded by his declaration:

I am the Alpha and the Omega. The angels bow their
heads.. The elders remove their crowns.. And before you is a Figure so
consuming that you know, instantly you know: Nothing else matters.. Forget
stock markets and school reports. Sales meetings and football games. Nothing
is newsworthy.. All that mattered, matters no more.. For Christ has come.

This morning when the Lord opened a window to Heaven, he saw me, and he asked: My child, what is your greatest wish for today? I responded: ' please; take care of my family, my friends, the person who is reading this message, their family and their special friends. They deserve it and I love them very much'.

The love of God is like the ocean, you can see its beginnings but not its end.

ANGELS EXIST, but sometimes, since they don't all have wings we
call them FRIENDS, SUCH AS YOU.

No comments: