Friday, July 24, 2009

God has a plan...

and it is not for us to know...but honestly we are just confused right now. We have been through so much in the last 5 months and you all have stuck with us the whole way. We respectfully ask you for some more deep prayer for Mark. His blood counts are UP. His white cells should be fighting for him. His red cells should be carrying the oxygen to the necessary places...but neither of those things seem to be happening. He's resting, drinking, eating as much as he can, doing everything he should be doing. He had a GREAT day, up and energetic, waiting anxiously for the promise of going home tomorrow. 24 hours no fever, seems such a little thing to ask. All the xrays and cultures taken in the last four days (3 xrays and 4 cultures to be exact) have all come back negative for any bacteria or infection and yet here we sit. Fever busted out at 103 before the tylenol kicked in. WHY?

I know I won't get that answer. But knowing that doesn't stop my human brain from screaming it out. It doesn't stop our tears of frustration, our despair of being stuck here, or worry of what COULD BE WRONG. We are scared. We are tired. We are lost.

My only comfort tonight is seeing our Lord work directly through our nurse, Kay. She recently cared for her son who is fighting colon cancer and refused to let Mark apologize when he yelled at her. She said "You do NOT apologize to me. I understand that you are scared and I promise to do everything I can to help you tonight. But I will not allow you to be sorry. I will not lose my temper with you and I will not be hurt. You are FINE." To this my Beloved broke down and this sweet woman grabbed his head, looked him straight in the eye and said, "You let me help you, Okay?" God is so good.

Please pray for Mark. Pray that whatever is in his body that is causing these fevers LEAVES. Pray that he finds relief and the pain is gone in the morning. Pray for our understanding. Pray for the doctors to know just what to do.

And pray a special thank you for our God sent nurse, Kay.

Good night and God Bless.

No comments: