Monday, September 14, 2009

Seattle!

I realized that I hadn't posted any pics or story from my wonderful trip to Seattle so here it is!

BUT, first and foremost I want to give a GINORMOUS shout out to my Sister Friend Kimberly and her awesome hubby Tim who took our lab Casey when our whole cancer thing started back in March. They kept her, took care of her, gave her "good dog" lessons and brought her back home last week. She has improved SO much in health and attitude and we could not be more grateful! Not to mention what a huge stress relief it was for us while we were worried about Mark's health. Thank you guys SOSOSOSO much!


So our trip to Seattle was made by train. My first time on a train and I must say that I was pretty excited! It left at 5:30 AM (oy) and this is a shot of the first sunrise I've seen in I don't know HOW many years!!! So pretty!
How do we spend a 6 hour train ride? Watching movies on Daddy's laptop and eating snacks OF COURSE! Luckily we scored a table seat on both the way up and the way back. So much more comfy for spreading out!
4am came a bit early...this was about 830 LOL
The cell phone, although great for spur of the moment pics, didn't capture this quite like I'd hoped. It was gorgeous. The sun beams were just streaming through the clouds...it was spiritual.
YAY!!! We made it and were SO glad to be with my Sister Friend Becca!
James actually LIKED me this time!! I was a happy girl!
Gracie playing outside with Pepper the wonder dog!
Here's our first day in the new house (if you don't recall, I went up there to help them move.) What do we do to pass time in a new house? Watch movies on Daddy's laptop of course!!!
The wonderful moving men brought out the yard toys first!! Check out the FENCED yard! So nice!
More toys! Seeing a house packed up and moved by a company was a new experience for me. I thought I would like it, but the loss of control would have me pulling my hair out!! I'm a hands on kinda girl! All the extra work is worth it to know which box my hair dryer is packed in!
The girls with a much deserved dish of ice cream our first night in the new house! It is beautiful and so homey for my sister and her family!
Gracie got SO tired with all the commotion, new place, short nights and full days...she crashed within 5 minutes of laying down every single night! This particular night she totally hogged the couch though and I ended up on the floor! LOL
When we left my sweet Gracie girl was quite upset. She cried for about 20 minutes because she did NOT want to go home! Finally I got smart and had her call her big brother. 2 minutes on the phone with him and she was ok about leaving...she missed him SO much!
We had SUCH a great time! Even though it was work (a LOT of work) it was so great to spend some quality, uninterrupted time with my sister and get to know her hubby Don. (love him!) I can't wait to see them again soon...no reason we can't since they are so close and we know we like the train ride up!!!

No comments: