Monday, May 24, 2010

Don't say "bomb" in the airport.

A vital lesson learned as I was being patted down by the security guard before we even got to our gate in Eugene to await departure for Las Vegas. Well...then don't put the word "bomb" on a huge white sign for a 7 year old boy who is just learning how to read to practice on!!! DUH!!! Oh well...lesson learned. For mother AND son!

So our trip started out interestingly and continued in such fashion! The kids enjoyed their first plane ride and were super excited to see the infamous Las Vegas! They were all bug eyed seeing the big city, riding in a shuttle (with no seat belt...Grace did NOT appreciate that one at all!) being in a huge hotel (The Orleans, off strip) and then meeting all the family. It was really cool to experience it with them and enjoy things on their level.

The purpose of the trip was an Erbes family reunion for my grandparents 65th (yes...that was SIXTY FIVE) wedding anniversary! Mom, Dad, my family of five, my brother's family of four, my Aunt Kay, my Aunt Jan and her hubby Jim, my cousins Kami with her man Greg, and Michael, my cousin Taylor, my second cousin Jessica and her hubby Dave...uh...I think that's it! We were quite the show going in for breakfasts in the morning let me tell ya!!! I haven't seen some of my family members in almost thirty years (yes, I AM that old) and other's I'd never met face to face! What an amazing experience to be able to spend some time with them and get to know them a little better.

Our trip started off great, meet and greet, trips down memory lane, looooots of hugs and kisses, mending some relationships that desperately needed mending (who knew Vegas could provide that opportunity!!!) and plans for more annual reunions to enjoy each other all over again! The only bad thing that happened (well...besides the loss of money and sleep) was my girls got violently ill on Tuesday afternoon from what we thought was food poisoning. That was until we got home on Friday and Luke was violently ill...and then MARK was violently ill on Saturday. How I managed to avoid it is beyond me, although I didn't come out unscathed, I have a killer head cold and had vertigo for two days! OY! What an end!! But I would do it all over in a second to see my family.

Families are forever. I'm sporting a new tattoo to prove that! lol! I have to have a tattoo to show my love of everything...I'm sick like that! :P Last week was an amazing reminder of the strength, love, dependence of the family bond. It is unbreakable. In the end of this life I will be proud to say I had an awesome family. I love each and every one of them and would lay my life down for them.

I am blessed indeed.

Thank you, Family, for a wonderful trip, all the laughs, the tears, the help (sick babies) and the memories. I cherish you all and I cannot wait til the next trip; although somewhere my hubby will burn less cash would be GREAT!!!

No comments: