Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Nice way to do it.

Well, we've enjoyed about a day and a half of relaxation at home. I tell ya...THIS is how to have a hospital stay! One day in, a day and a half out...can't complain! Sleeping in our own bet was fantabulous! Having a fridge and healthy food to eat, awesome for Becky's diet! Having DVR....priceless. 

hehe

We are headed back to the hospital here in a couple hours for Mark's next two doses of chemo. He was feeling a bit ill yesterday but good today. We hope to have at least a week before the side effects kick in...or God willing, longer!

On a side note, I know many of you know I've suffered from headaches for most of my adult life. I've had MRI's, blood tests, meds...all of it to try to figure out what it was to no avail. Since this whole leukemia thing started my headaches are back along with neck, jaw and back pain. I went to the dentist yesterday for the jaw pain and he diagnosed me with TMJ. For now I'm using a nightguard in my mouth to keep from grinding my teeth and hopefully that will take care of it. Of course he told me the best treatment is to lessen the stress in my life...uh, right. If the nightguard doesn't work I could end up in full braces or surgery to move my lower jaw to alleviate the pressure. So far I've ground down about four of my teeth on the left side to a "mirror" glossiness! Nice huh? At least we now have an explanation for my headaches for all these years....who knew to go to the dentist for a tension headache! LOL Anyway, throw a few prayers my way too if you don't mind! Thanks y'all!

I thought you might enjoy some pics from our Easter!










1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Looks like you guys had a GREAT Easter. Contrary to my initial reaction to your TMJ diagnosis **giggle** I'm glad you have a diagnosis (finally) and I hope you can get some relief from your headaches and the back/neck pain you've mentioning recently.

I love the family pic, y'all are beautimous. :)