Saturday, April 25, 2009

Still home!!

He is hangin in there Warriors!! Mark has yet to get a fever of any degree, much less one that will land him back in the hospital. Can we say a collective YAY GOD!!! He's determined to prove Dr. Caton wrong! LOL! The power of prayer and a positive attitude is simply amazing...I'm seeing it first hand! His courage and good outlook is so inspiring, I wish you all could see it as I am. He's an amazing person.

I have jumped back on the wagon of exercise this week and it sure does seem to be helping MY mood. The endorphans are awesome, I feel SO much better and now I can have a good attitude to keep up with Mark! Today I'm meeting my girlfriend, Jessica for lunch and some retail therapy!! (Thank you Robin and Jim for the gift card from CHRISTMAS that is making that possible for me today!!!) There is nothing better for the mood and soul than a good GIRLS DAY OUT!!! Oh ya! Jess and I would get together no less than a few times a month up until 2 months ago...now I've seen her about twice in that time. I miss her!!! She's pregnant with her second baby and we had all these visions of pickles, ice cream and Jon and Kate on my TV her whole pregnancy, but instead I've missed almost the whole thing! OY! So ya, today will be a good day!!

Mark had the transfusion of platelets yesterday as an outpatient...it was an odd experience. Seemed to be a lot more troublesome than it was when he was in a hospital bed, but it all worked out. Was weird dealing with nurses that aren't "Oncology" nurses and therefore KNOW all the precautions needed with him, we found ourselves having to explain things to THEM. Oh well...at least we got to come home after it was over!

Got an appointment with Dr. Caton on Monday and Mark is looking forward to walking in there, fever-free, and saying "SEE you were WRONG!!!" hehe! Gotta love the man's spirit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear there was no fever it is Monday now so I hope it stayed that way! Unfortunately it is usally inevitable that he will get those fevers when he is neutropenic or has transfusions! Just remember that as much of a pain that it is to go back in the hospital it is for the best :)
You are such a strong woman Becky! just wanted to tell you that in case I haven't already!! My thoughts and prayers are with your family! Much love!!!
Kristi