Monday, November 16, 2009

12 short years

Seriously. SHORT years. It does not feel like I've been married 12 years! Heck, it doesn't feel like I'm OLD enough to have been married for 12 years!

Yes, yesterday Mark and I celebrated our 12 year wedding anniversary. We have had some rough times, happy times, trying times, and 'in our rut' times. This year we have so much to celebrate, so much to be thankful for. I think this year, sitting at dinner, we had more to talk about than ever before. It seems that normally our conversation will just naturally go to the kids; their behavior, their school, their friends. This time, that didn't happen! We talked about our friendship, our life together, our first apartment and first house...we are better friends now than any year prior to this one. God has been so good to us in our marriage, but most definitely this last year. We have grown so much as individuals and as a couple. We have faced the storm together and beaten it back. I have never felt so close to my Beloved as I do right now.

We went to dinner at The Outback and enjoyed steak and seafood, a couple of drinks, and most importantly a couple hours just the two of us.

I love this man so much. Words can never express. He is an amazing person, an amazing provider, an amazing father and the best friend I could ever ask for. He is my Beloved. My Confidante. My Love. My Husband. I am so proud to be called his wife.

I love you, Mark. Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow and forever.


My yummy drink...a wildberry margarita! Yumm!!!

No comments: