Tuesday, September 14, 2010

First day of school 2010

Allie's first day of Middle School. Sixth grade already. Seriously? Has it really been six years since my baby started school? I just can't believe it. She's half done! HALF DONE, PEOPLE!!!! That's not right.

You can see her excitement oozing from her toothy grin here...and my not so excited, close to sobbing, forced smile next to her. Ugh.
She got a little nervous once we got there. She asked me to come in with her. I kept checking to see if she was ready for me to leave and she never did say yes..."just a few more minutes, Mama".
She got her locker opened on the first try though!!!
Her BFF Lauren getting all settled in. They have all but one classes together! How did THAT happen??? LOL

Her other BFF, Shilo.
Allie and Corrina.
A hallway full of sixth graders...*shudder*
After I picked up Allie from her first day of middle school (only half day) it was time to take Luke, Grace and Brian to Creslane to get settled; drop off supplies, meet teachers etc.
Allie helped Luke organize his desk. She loves that kind of stuff...gets it from her mama.
Lukey picked the seat right next to Amy...remember her from Kindergarten? He was super stoked to have her in his class again!!! (they have since been moved because they talked too much! LMAO)
Allie on her second day of school. How did she start looking like a middle schooler overnight I ask???
Luke and Grace all ready for their first day!

My baby girl on her very first day of school ever! She was so excited! She did testing the day after we got back from Hawaii and was able to skip over Kindergarten and go straight to the first grade! She is in our beloved Mrs. Meeker's class...we could not be happier!!

The kiddos having breakfast!
Luke was a little nervous getting in there. He was acting so weird and didn't seem to want me to leave! He calmed down a little when he saw some familiar faces though thank goodness. Not like my kids to be so nervous!

Gracie on the other hand was all smiles and ready to GO!
Doesn't that hallway look like it could swallow her whole? :(
She sat right down and got to work. Wasn't even phased! Brat!
Put her lunch away and got all unpacked all by herself like she's been doing it for years!
I dropped Allie off and she too seemed as if she'd been in middle school the whole time. No big deal, Mom...I got this!
Luke at the end of day one.
Grace at the end of day one....SHE WAS EXHAUSTED! She couldn't even smile! LOL
and she passed out good that night!!!
Boobie seemed a little sad...she says she was just checking her phone...mhm, sure.
The moms were better AFTER school...we had our babies back and spent an hour at the park.


It was a great couple of days. Now that the kids are all settled into a full day of school I am finding myself with a lot of spare time!!! My house is clean and I'm blogging again!! LOL!!! They ALL start piano today, two of the three are excited for that but I know they will all do well! Both Grace and Luke want to play soccer, that starts on 9-27. So ya, gonna be busy! I love being busy...makes my days go by faster!

No comments: