Monday, September 13, 2010

Hawaii August 2010

Ok...I missed it by a DAY. Why, you ask? Because it took me ALL FLIPPIN DAY to upload pics!!! By the time I was done I was too tired to write! LOL!!!!

So as you all probably know, we took a family vacation to Kauai, Hawaii for two weeks in August. The kids, my parents and I left on the 17th and then Mark joined us on the 25th. It is so beautiful there and we made lifetime memories for sure...but I'll let the pics tell the story.....


This is our plane from Portland airport waiting patiently for us to board.
And my not so patient children waiting to board.
She was super excited to be on that HUGE plane!
Second flight of the day, smaller island hopper and Daddy was sleepy. LOL
But Gracie was still excited!

Luke had to make sure his guys were flying safe too.



View from our second story condo. That's all three kids playing with their cousins (who live on the island with my cousin/their mom, Kristy) Slater and Makana.
SSSOOOOO HUNGRY!
Luke and Slater found common ground immediately in Star Wars. They played so well together and we would often find them off somewhere just talking like this. So cool!
Jet lag anyone?
"I wasn't asleep, Mama"...uhuh...sure!
Luke on the other hand had a new friend so he was still going strong!
Simply gorgeous.
Freakin chickens EVERYWHERE. They run wild on Kauai. It was cute and I thought it was so funny...until the roosters woke me up at 5am. Stupid chickens.

Beach right down a path from our condo.

Remember that old rule, never turn your back on the ocean? Ya, the reason they say that is cuz it sneaks up on you...like it did here! So funny!

I had to.
My beautiful Hawaiian princess.
Luke could give Nana a piggy back ride in the pool. He thought that was cool. LOL

My gorgeous girl.
Slater (left) and Makana.

My cousin Kristy was standing at the edge of the pool talking to the kids and was there for a good two minutes. I couldn't resist pushing her in! COULD NOT RESIST!
So we are sitting by the pool and in flies a cockatoo! I was like, are they native? Kristy's like, NO, he probably escaped from a Hotel! LOL

Tired Gracie and Nana.
He really was asleep! Is that not angelic??? Sweet boy!
Freckles.
A beautiful Hibiscus growing on a tree outside Kristy's house. So beautiful!
Pink Plumeria.
Stink eye.
Beautiful Italian mask that Kristy let Gracie try on.


First time at a beach to swim!

Papa didn't go into the ocean...but he strolled and watched. :)

Tired boys watchin Spongebob after dinner. Shortly after I took this they came in and asked to go to bed! LOL
Kristy made us Ahi wraps...omg SO GOOD!!! I'm a tuna girl now!
Grace decided her tooth was loose enough to pull out...
She was right. LOL


Luke and Nana had a blast on this day playing in waves together.



Then the three kids played "Survivor" on this sand island at the mouth of the river. It was quite entertaining!
Papa and Luke's footprints.



Allie is narrating her "Survivor" story here.

Entertaining themselves in the car.
This was snorkeling day. The building on the left is the restaurant Kristy has worked at for like 13 years. Tough work environment looking at that view all day huh?

The water is so warm and clear. Gorgeous.
Getting ready and some instruction. The kids tried but only Allie was able to go out, and she didn't last long. After they came back in I went out...I could have stayed out there all day. So beautiful and peaceful. Definitely something I want to do again.

Luke practiced near the shore.
Grace took it all off and just played with Papa in the waves.
"Spouting Horn"


"The Tree Tunnel"
DADDY'S HERE!!!! We were so ready to have him there!


Some random, beautiful plant on the condo grounds.
Much needed Daddy snuggle time.
and Daddy Pool Time.

and Daddy Beach Time.



Be still my heart.
Luke and Slater chatting it up again!


Sisters!!! This was a bbq we had at the beach. The ONLY way to bbq! LOL
My Aunt Donna and Uncle Don.
Sunset lighting is the BOMB!
No words. God's creation is astounding.
Waileh (or something like that) Falls.



Here's the warning sign....
...and here's my BABY! AAAHHHHH!

Enjoying the convertible Mustang!
Enjoying it MORE!
Night golf!

I've never seen her this tired! Poor baby!
Had to get in some tennis! The kids all played but Gracie caught on the quickest.

and then she was DONE.
It was hot!
Picture spot!
Those mountains are covered in waterfalls. Very beautiful.
Boats docked just where ever...lol so odd!
Sisters goin for a walk.
there's Slater and Luke again!
The kids all jumped off this pier. So high!!!
Sunrise from our patio the morning we left.
Matching shirts for the plane ride!
doh...messed up the order here a bit. this was the day before we left. One final beach day. Grace of course found a friend...she ALWAYS finds a friend!

OH and this playground was about the size of a city block! IT WAS HUGE!!!! I've never seen anything like it. I don't know the history but I"m sure it was some town project. There were hand made tiles that were obviously made by children. So cool!


See Allie's little bitty head?
Volcano tower.
Super cool old tree in the park.

River that leads to Fern Grotto.
In the airport on Maui waiting to board the plane home.
It was an amazing vacation. We all came back exhausted, but tan and happy! :) Mark did spend a night in the ER for a kidney stone (that still hasn't passed btw) and a day writhing around in pain, but that's pretty typical for him! LOL!!!! We still made the best of the little time we had there together as a family.

We definitely will go back. Mom wants to live there...me, not so much. I like my four seasons and fresh clean air without the mugginess. But yes...AWESOME place to visit!

No comments: