Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

There are some very special men in my life. I am so blessed.

First and foremost, my daddy. I am the quintessential Daddy's Girl. He can do no wrong! I have so many wonderful memories of study, play and teachings from this incredible man and am so lucky to be his daughter. He is so strong in such a quiet way. He makes me feel safe and secure, I trust him unconditionally. He is my friend, my confidante, my hero. I love you, Daddy!

My husband Mark. Who never wanted kids. When we met and then fell in love I made it clear that if he wanted me, he wanted kids! It was a struggle for him at first with Allie...getting into the swing of things, what exactly do you DO with this little person! But before long she had him wrapped around her finger and today he has surpassed my every expectation of the kind of dad I wanted for my children. He is loving, kind, funny and devoted. All you need to do to see the kind of dad he has become is to look in the face of his children when they look at him. I love you, Honey.

My Heavenly Father without whom I would not exist. I am in awe of his power and grace over my life more everyday. My walk with Him has not been easy, I've strayed many times only to be pulled back; stronger in my beliefs and my faith every time. I love you, Lord. Thank you so much for all your blessings. I am humbled.

Pastor Jim shared the following video with us in church today. I don't think there was a dry eye in the place by the time it was over. Thank you, Jim for this beautiful reminder of a parents love and devotion to his child. What one of us wouldn't do this for our own...if it were their one desire.

God Bless to all the fathers out there reading this! You are a hero to your babies, make no mistake! It isn't the man in the cape or the man with the super strength. It's the man that reads the bedtime story and tucks them in at night, the man that makes sure all the doors are locked and always has one ear open. It's the man who works any job he can to support his family the best he can. It's the man that sacrifices selflessly day to day and devotes all he is to his children. That man is the hero.

Thank you, Dads.

1 comment:

premla dhevaraj said...

Hi Becky, I accidently stumbled on your blog. I like the way you acknowledged your father first then the father of you kids and finally honouring The Heavanly father.
Right now, I buried my mum and it was a sad fathers day for my dad who was married for 47 years. Reading about your lighthearted, loving approach to life and your constant reference to your sunday morning services truly lifted up my spirits this morning.
You seem to live a truly blessed life under God's shadow. Something about your family pictures lifted up my spirits.