Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Grab another tissue...

Everytime I've heard this song until tonight I've thought of my dad, my brother and of course my husband and our daughters. It ALWAYS makes me cry and I've heard it so many times that my kids know it by heart now!

But tonight, while looking for a video to post I found a "memorial" tribute to Steven Chapman's daughter. Turns out she was killed earlier this year when her brother accidentally ran her over in the family's driveway. Ya, no kidding.

Now I can add that to cry about when I hear it.

Anyway, it's a beautiful song he wrote when he was having a rough day putting his two youngest daughters to bed. He went back to his office to work and started thinking about the daughter who was away at college. He got his guitar and this is what he produced.


1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I remember when that happened, it was SOOOOO sad :( Luckily I have a cold so I had the tissues handy...