Wednesday, December 10, 2008

STOLE it!! Cuz I can!

I totally stole this off of a friend of a friend's page this morning!! MWAHAHAHAHA!

Merry Christmas!


CHRISTMAS MEME


1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? mmmm both. however they BOTH have WAY too many calories for this girl!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
wrapped unless they are way too big like one year it was a trike and one year a piano didn't get wrapped.

3. Colored light on house/tree or white? multi colored EVERYWHERE except in the garland. I'm a color girl!

4. Do you hang mistletoe? no idea even where to GET it so no.

5. When do you put your decorations up? mmm I did most of it last week, but the tree is going up today. yay!!

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Stuffing...hands down! Hello? turkey AND starch all in one dish!

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? I always was so excited so I'd be up before it was light outside, sneak downstairs to see if "he" had come and then went to my parents room so we could open. They were always awesome and would get up with me...even at 3am!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I honestly do not remember. I think one year I just figured it out so it was no big deal. I outgrew it I guess.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We always open just one!

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? It's a big ol messy thing with tons of colored lights and a hodge podge of ornaments from my childhood, mark's childhood and our kids. it's awesome!

11. Snow. Love it or dread it? dread it. hate the cold, hate the wet, hate driving in it. but the pics of my kids playing in it are fun!

12. Can you ice skate? nope, never been!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My big white teddy named Snowball. I love that bear!

14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you? The reason for the season is the birth of our Savior. What is so special for me THIS year is that my babies understand it now! It's amazing to hear them talk about Jesus and I am so blessed.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? I'm usually too full for dessert actually.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I actually can't pick just one. And this year we are starting some of our own that are only for the five of us which is exciting for me! I'm stomping my foot down as Allie used to say, and making some of my OWN traditions for my babies.

17. What tops your Christmas tree? The tackiest and most colorful star I can find!!!

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Oh the giving for sure. I mean, really, what do I NEED anymore? nothing. I would much rather see someone open a gift that I have put thought and love into (which is all of them, this year especially)

19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Oh Holy Night and a close second is Mary Did you Know.

20. Candy Canes. Yum or Yuck? Yummy in moderation. LOL

21. What do you want for Christmas? Peace and no stress would be fabulous. No guilt, no pressure, just family time and happiness.

22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party? Nope

23. Do you dress up for Christmas Eve or wear PJ's? Christmas Eve is at my mother in law's house and it's the dress up night! We all get decked out! :)

24. Do you own a Santa hat? I think there is somewhere....

25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with? The family. All of Mark's family is here and my mom and dad of course are here. Used to be a lot bigger, but the family has dwindled over the years! That's one reason I'm okay with changing things up this year and from here on out...less people to offend! I hope one day there will be more of us around to enjoy the season together. (**poke David and Livy**)

2 comments:

Livy said...

Ahhhh frick! pffft! I tagged you with this blog on my page yesterday or the day before and then I thought you already had a survey blog up that mirrored the tag so I posted another blog making fun of myself....

Do you even read my blogs?

hahahahahahaha... you are so busted!

Livy said...

ROTFL!!! I just went to my blog and it might help your cause if I didn't blog 5 times a day... LOL

I'M ADDICTED!!! LOL