Sunday, December 28, 2008

So blessed.

Whenever two families are joined by marriage it's always a struggle. It's a big gamble what you're gonna end up with as far as extended family goes, and just because you love your spouse, does NOT mean you'll love their family! I was very, VERY lucky on this front. Mark's family is much like my own in their faith, familial bonds and dedication to each other.



There aren't many kids in the family on his side. Mark was an only child, his aunt didn't have any children and his uncle has twin boys that are almost 22. I've known them since they were boys and it's been amazing to watch them grow. When they were young they were little chatter boxes...they'd talk your ear off if you'd let them! They were "pinchable" cute and always very polite and considerate of everyone around them. Raised in the church they love the Lord and have very high standards of friends and relationships. They have become absolutely amazing men. Travis up'd and left his mom a couple years ago for a huge life change and moved to San Diego. Not only did he not come home with his tail between his legs, but he is now managing a Starbucks AND attending school full time to get his accounting degree. Matt stayed home and completed school at Lane and is now working for an Architechture company here locally, on his way to building a very stable and lucratrive career for himself. At 22 years old they have impressed me.



One notable thing about these boys...oh sorry, men...is their kindness. Since Mark and I started having babies, Matt and Travis have lavished attention on them...and they were only 11 when Allie was born! They have always sat and talked with my kids, played with them, taught them whatever they knew to teach. They love their cousins and they SHOW it. My children in turn, obviously ADORE their older cousins and are so excited everytime they get to spend time with them.



I love the family bonds. I love that we have such a strong core and that everyone in it makes family a priority. I love that these people in my life...thrown at me because of the man I fell in love with...turned out to be not only wonderful human beings, but also a blessing to my children and wonderful examples of what family should be and in our case...IS.



So, thanks Matt and Travis. For loving my kids. You are so very loved and adored by all of us.





This was a pic I took of the boys teasing Luke when he was two....

...and this was just taken 3 days ago....I LOVE that they play the same games with them!! LOL


Aren't they handsome??

I know I've said it many times, but I have to say it again. We are blessed indeed!

No comments: