Thursday, January 8, 2009

Ballet

So, I have to admit that I was a bit bummed today. We went out after school and found some ballet slippers and tights at Payless for relatively inexpensive (thanks Mandy!! <3) Then we stopped in at Freddie's and picked up white t-shirts and some black underwear!! LOL I didn't want his tighty whities shinin through! We found the building on Willamette...really cool old brick building! There were SO many little girls in the most adorable little get ups....omg! LOL

We headed inside and met Lukes teacher Marc and he was super nice. We then went down, got changed (which was hilarious. Luke looked at me like I was crazy when I put those tights on him!) Then we sat around and waited. Watched some prissy little thing have a SNOT SLINGIN fit in the lobby...that was entertaining. Then Marc came to get the little guys and here I was all ready with my camera and you know what they have on the door leading to the dance studios? You'll never guess....a nice little sign that says "Only students and teachers beyond this point"!!!!!! WHAT??? I CAN'T COME IN AND TAKE A BAZILLION PICTURES??????? Well, no, Mom...you can't! AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!! I about cried! BUT, I'm gonna be a rule follower and not freak out on the teacher the very first day and he did pacify me with an "observation day" promise. But oh MAN how I wanted to watch my extactic son experience this on his first day. OH I was bummed! Still trying to to cry.

ANYWAY, all ended well, he loved his first day and Marc was cool. Luke said he was "very funny and silly" which is right up Luke's alley! Marc showed us the benefits of ballet for men in form of his muscles after class....WOW! LOL. He also eased my husband's mind a bit when I informed him that Marc introduced me to his WIFE. My Mark was relieved to hear that! ROFL!

Anyway, the only pic I got was of Luke in his get up. And here it is. Hopefully observation day will be soon and I can get some of him spinning on his toes or skipping or something totally masculine like that! hehe!



OHOHOH I do have to say one thing that I thought was hilarious. There was an advanced class that took place at the same time as Lukes, so while we were waiting so were they. Luke stared at the very pretty girls for a good 10 minutes before he went to class. This also made his dad happy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He looks awesome and very handsome!

Can you ask them to allow you to go in and photograph Luke with his teacher, just the two of them?

I know one of the things that concerned our Tai Kwon Do instructor was parents taking pictures of 'other kids' while trying to photograph their own. I asked Master S. if he would mind staying after class with Abbey so I could get some pictures... he was happy to do so.

GOOD JOB LUKIE!

And for Mark's sake... I think that boy is going to be a lady's man... girls love guys that like hanging out with them!

Besides, think about it... really, aren't the smarter men the ones that hang out where the chicks are??? I'm pretty sure Luke is onto something here.

Miss Mandy said...

Marc is an awesome man & his wife Pam is darling isn't she?

I bet they would let you in (without street shoes) after a class to take pics w/ Luke & Marc.

It's a distraction for the little kids to feel like they have to pose for the camera. Maybe not Lukey, but the others.

Just ask. I'm sure it would be fine. Marc has kids...he'll understand.

Rebecca said...

What a bummer that you couldn't go in! :( Looks like Mandy had a good idea though...I hope it works. Lukie looks fabulous in his getup. Now I'm off to find piano and swim lessons for MY little peach. :)

Alexis said...

This is great - he looks so cute! I hope he gains something other than girlfriends from this experience. hehe!!