Saturday, October 11, 2008

I REALLY hate politics...

This election has me all out of sorts. I'm a 'bubble girl'. What this means is I live in my little bubble world and find it very easy to block absolutely everything else out. I rarely watch the news because, frankly, it's FREAKING depressing! I don't suscribe to any newspapers or magazines that deal with government or whatever. I basically live within myself and my family and call it good! I know, sheltered and unrealistic, but hey I like it that way. But with what has happened in our country over the last four years I've had no choice but to take notice. I mean, it's all starting to affect me personally! How can I ignore that? After many unsuccessful attempts, I'll tell ya that I can't. **SIGH**

So, I've paid attention to this election. I've done reading, and watching of news programs and debates. I've bought magazines that have our candidates on the cover so I can be educated in what kind of ethics these people that want to run our country actually have. I HAVE chosen my candidate and will absolutely vote in three weeks. But let me tell ya...I'm not happy! I mean seriously it just comes down to picking a side, believing what THEY say and not believing the other side. Let's face it folks....this is politics and EVERYONE IS LYING!!!! If any reasonably intelligent person doesn't believe that they really need to pay more attention.

So ya, I believe what I can see for myself. I believe the reports with quotations around them. I believe what my heart and my gut (ie: God whispering in my ear) tell me. I do not, however, believe everything that comes out of the candidates mouths, I do not believe all the promises they make, I do not believe that this country will pull itself out of the hole we've all dug without much pain and struggle. I do not believe that on November 5th of this year or in two years all our troubles will be over and we'll be doing the happy dance.

I encourage everyone to vote. No matter what your choice, may it be the same or different from my own is completely irrelevant. VOTE. Use that voice that we are all so blessed to have being born in this country. VOTE. Be supportive of who you believe in and try to make it happen. VOTE. Either way it goes, we are seeing monumental change that will never happen again; we get to see the progression of our country first hand! (woman vp or black pres...WOW!) VOTE!

As for me, I'm voting, oh yes I am.

Until then...I'll be praying.

No comments: