Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Now the DENTIST said I'm old!!!!

Ok, not in so many words but it was IMPLIED!!! I have yet another "stick" in one of my molars which requires further attention. (ie: painful shot, scary drilling and fill that will irritate me for weeks until my tongue gets used to the texture. *SIGH*) Basically what he said when I asked "What is going ON??" was these are my oldest molars...had them since I was six years old and the enamal is worn down and they just are more prone to cavities now.

What I heard was...."You're old and weathered and your teeth are gonna start rotting out of your face".

What a jerk.

1 comment:

Livy said...

How old is your doctor? It seems to me that the doctors are getting younger and younger... (which, yes, could indicate that I am in fact aging)... however, his lack of tact indicates that we should, in tandum arrive in his clinic with surgical gloves, hoses and a few other suggestive items and tell him that age has made us senial, and we have no idea what we are about to do, but it may in fact make us appear a lot more youthful that he previously thought.