Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Planning

So Allie got it in her head somehow that she wanted to be a pirate for Halloween. No WAY I was gonna spend 40 bucks on the one costume we were able to find so I was desperately trying to figure out how to put it together. A trip to goodwill was no help, wal mart...nothing there, so alas my sweet girl said, "it's okay, Mom. I can be a princess again". *SIGH* We were at Joann Fabrics the other day helping my mom pick out fabrics for a new quilt and Allie and I went wandering. We came across what was left of their costumes! I totally forgot they had them! There was another family there and the little girl was trying on a costume that looked suspiciously like a pirate! Mama went to work! I searched through that ENTIRE row of outfits and did I find another one? nope. But ya know, on some things I'm just VERY patient. As I looked for a duplicate I kept my ears open to this little girl. Her sister took a picture so she could see what it looked like on (was pretty tight on her as she was a bit heavy) and as the sister and mom tried to convince her it looked great and she would be the prettiest pirate on the block, the little girl proceded to have a tantrum! "Just forget it! I'm not going trick or treating! I don't care! I look terrible in EVERYTHING!" Poor thing. Makes me so mad when I see children suffer because of things their parents do to them...not THAT hard to give your children salad instead of McDonalds..... Anyway, I digress. The end result was after said child had said snot slingin fit, her mom PUT THE COSTUME BACK!!!! YAY!!!!!

Allie is a pirate for Halloween!

On the trip to goodwill looking for the ever evasive pirate get up I did find the perfect thing for Gracie. She's gonna be a Southern Belle! OMG just WAIT til you see the pics of that!!!

And little Lukey is gonna be Spiderman. I had actually found a mask at goodwill and bought it just cuz I knew he'd have fun with it. Well then he decided that's what he needed to dress up as and I was like...oh no! Wal mart had all their costumes on sale and we found ONE in his size! *whew*! But then we were looking at shirts for him and my mom found a pajama set that looked JUST like the costume!! And there were TWO of them, one red one black! So he gets TWO sets of pajamas and a costume all for 16 bucks! WHEEEE!!!

Next year I'm starting in September. I'm too old for this crap.

1 comment:

Miss Mandy said...

We always buy costume after Halloween & put them in a box for a dress up gift at Christmas.

Our Halloween rule is "you have to pick one you already have"

Shouldn't be too hard considering we have 9 years of after Halloween sale costumes.