Friday, October 10, 2008

So proud!!

So ya...I've finally got myself back into the healthy swing of things! YAY ME!!! I gotta say that the hardest part of losing weight is the EXERCISE!!! I hate it. I had gotten into a habit of working out and never really liked it, but loved the way it made me feel and look after a time. But ya know, the summer was SLACKER season and finding my way back into a routine has proven way more difficult than I anticipated. Looking back I wish I'd just kept at it instead of allowing myself so many excuses to lose the habit!

The Biggest Loser is back on as some of you may know...it's one of my FAVORITE reality shows!! Last years winner is my hero. She's my height, my frame and has my attitude!! LOL During the show and in the four months following, Ali Vincent lost 112 pounds!! It was truly amazing to watch. Anyway, she was in my People magazine last week, still thin, still gorgeous and still motivated. I tore out the picture and hung it on my wall!! Such great inspiration for me to see what I COULD BE TOO!!! No wait, what I WILL be.

Yesterday while the boy was at Tae Kwan Do I decided that instead of sitting in the car and reading for an hour (which btw I've LOVED doing!!) I would go for a walk. On the way out the door Mark yelled at me to take my MP3 player (he's so smart) and after getting Lukey settled in class I set off. I think I went about 2.5 miles in just under 40 minutes. A hilly road with beautiful scenery on a brisk fall afternoon. WAS AWESOME!! It even sprinkled on me at one point! And it had me thinking...ok THIS is why people who love exercise prefer to do it outside!! I get it now!!! So today my legs, butt and abs are SO sore! Yay for working those muscles again! From now on I'll plan my exercise OUTSIDE as often as possible, not only for all the above stated reasons but also the "me time" that I get. No kids, no phone, no tv, just the outdoors, my own thoughts, and focusing on BECKY for 40 minutes and doing something for me and my health. I CHOOSE to be healthy, I CHOOSE to be strong, I CHOOSE to be motivated, I CHOOSE ME! And hey...funny how it works...but in turn all these selfish things I'm doing for me will benefit my entire family in the end. Always good when Mom adds years to her life!

I guess I chose to blog about this cuz it will keep me honest. If I can lay all this out on the line for all my family and friends to see I'll look like an idiot stuffing my face during the holidays!! So, I'm keeping myself honest by foreseeing the embarrassment I COULD cause myself in the coming months!! LOL

I do appreciate all the support y'all have given me over the last year. Couldn't have done it without you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make me proud! :) I need to get back on the wagon. Maybe I should start a blog too...but then I'd have to actually WRITE in it ;)

Keep up the great work, skinny butt girl.

Livy said...

Congratulations Becky. That's a difficult issue to conquer, let alone find the motivation for! I know, cause, well, I've been looking for it for nine years now and it's quite elusive! You look marvelous darlink! =) Livy

P.S. Want to see a picture of my treadmill? I use it everyday, ok, so maybe I don't... but Riley does! He uses it for his naps. LOL
It's turned into an expensive dog bed.

Miss Mandy said...

Walking has been such a great thing for me. Just to get away & listen to grown up music even.

Glad I found you. Can't wait to go back & read up on what's been happening.