Sunday, November 9, 2008

Christmas performance

So my children absolutely LOVE church. And when I say that...they are like almost OBSESSED with it! Grace will literally talk about it ALL week. She wants to know on a daily basis how many days are left until Sunday school. I weep frequently knowing how awesome His power has been through me this year in bringing myself and my babies back to Him. I am humbled. My children's exuberance to learn about Jesus and participate in anything to do with Him is truly a blessing to all of us. I cannot wait to see what the years will bring for them and their faith as we all grow in our church.

This Christmas season the children's pastor, Kim Lawless, is putting on some special events. She is ABSOLUTELY amazing and we all adore her! Her commitment to the kids of that congregation is nothing short of extraordinary and I feel so blessed to have her in my kids lives.

The main thing that will affect y'all is the Christmas program she's doing with the kids. When I dropped off Allison and Luke today to their class she stopped me in the hallway and said "We are having a performance on December 14th and I want to make sure that you guys will be here!" I said, "Oh yes of course!" She then said, "Wonderful, because I have a solo I want Allison to do!" So, there you have it...my baby girl is REALLY following in here mama's footsteps now!! I cannot convey in words how excited and proud I am. I asked Allie on the ride home why Kim picked her. She shrugged. I asked if there were try outs and she said no. I was confused. I asked how Kim could possibly know Allie could sing then! Allie smiled her little 'weellllllll' smile and said, "Because a few weeks ago I decided to sing some of my choir songs for her." I said, because she asked you to? No, Allie said...just cuz. This is amazing to me because Allie is surprisingly quite shy. The fact that Allison feels comfortable enough with Kim to sing to her...says SO much about her to me. She has a presence in her...for sure.

ANYWAY.

December 14 at 10:45am is the performance. We have to have the kids there by 10:30 and we will have room in the van for only two extra people, but if you want to come and want to meet at our house by 10:00am we can caravan down there so you don't get lost.

By the way...ALL THREE children will be in it.

I'm so blessed.

2 comments:

Livy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miss Mandy said...

This is so much fun! Cyra got to sing a solo once for the Christmas pageant. I cried.

Ya know, Ms. Kim lets them lead worship if they want...