Thursday, November 13, 2008

Quiet time??

I thought I was so smart.

Mark had to go to bed early tonight in preparation for an early (4am) start tomorrow and I myself was feeling a bit sleepy after dealing with whiney, sick kids for three days and with that short nights and long days. So, 7:45pm came around and orders for PJ's, potty and BED came bellowing out of my mouth! Confused but obedient all three children did as they were told, Mark headed up for his shower and I closed down the PC and let dogs out. After everyone (including my BIGGEST kid aka: Marky) were all snug as a bug, into the shower I hopped expecting me to be next. Well, the shower re-energized me! So, I thought hey, everyone is asleep, the house is quiet, I'll start some laundry, pick up the house a bit and maybe blog!

I no sooner set foot on the bottom stairs than the first kid comes out with a, "Moooommmm?". This went on for the next 25 minutes from all THREE children. Mom, I'm thirsty. Mom where's my spider night lite. Mom, my MP3 player isn't working. Mom, I didn't get a kiss. Mom, why did you shut my door so tight? Mom, maybe I need new headphones. Mommy, Allie gave me this is that ok? Mommy, why are you still up? Mama, can I ask for new ones for Thanksgiving? (notice how my title changes as the excuses continue and the voices get whinier??)

So much for re-energized, I'm exhausted again!

I know I know...someday I'll MISS this!! I know that in my head, but for tonight? I'm just tired and annoyed!

GO TO BED!!!!

1 comment:

Livy said...

I always love it when you blog Becky... I don't know how you feel about it, but it's like sitting down with a cup of your favorite tea or coffee and just hanging out for the moment, deep in someone's thoughts and I love the invite...

I hope you can slip in a nap or perhaps try again tonight at knocking short people out early. =)

Talk to you soon, Livy