Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I totally stole this...

From an old friend on her myspace page. But I thought it was worth stealing and sharing! I'm sure she won't mind!

"I was in line @ the drive through @ dutch bros and heard the guy ahead of me say he doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving. He calls it invasion day. This instantly irritated me. If you are so ungrateful for the blessings you have here in this country find the place your family came here from and go back.
Are you Jewish? Go back to the middle east where you are despised for even breathing.
Are you Eastern European? Go back to any one of the former bloc countries where genocide is a daily occurrence.
Are you Western European?? Every single one of those countries was born of bloodshed, persecution, and oppression. Plus all of the colonies they established were done so on the backs of indentured servants and slave labor.
Every colony that gained its Independence had to do so with violent uprisings. Don't misunderstand, the Indians were and still are, in some cases, treated atrociously by the US government.
However, if you really, in your heart of hearts, have such a big problem with Thanksgiving, go back and let me know how it works out for you...." -Sent from my Helio

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's why I don't go to Dutch Bros. Too many ignorant views