Thursday, November 6, 2008

For the record

I just feel the need to say something for all you folks that read my blog either by force (email) or by choice (actually visiting my page!).

When I started this thing it was purely selfish.

1. I wanted to be able to share our everyday lives with our loved ones that don't get to be here with us.

2. I wanted a place to vent and express my feelings.

3. I wanted to keep updated with other friends and family who have blogs as well.

So these are the three things I do here.

I don't blog to make others happy. I don't talk about things FOR other people and I don't NOT talk about things for other people. This is FOR ME!! Like I said...totally selfish.

The reason I'm saying this right now is because it's very possible I offend people. I may talk about things you don't agree with or that you don't want to know! So, here's the thing...if you don't agree, or I've offended you, or I've just give TMI, you can choose NOT to read it!! :) I don't say that to be disrespectful or to seem like I don't care. Please don't think that. But this is my venting place, the only place in my life where I don't HAVE to watch what I say or walk on eggshells or be careful the way I phrase something. I get to just spout off and let it all hang out. Y'all can (and I say this with the utmost love and respect) take it or leave it. Makes no difference to me!

My family and friends are my life. I love you guys so much and I wouldn't be who I am without each and every one of you that is a part of this blog. We all have our own lives though that don't include or affect one another and it's to THAT part of my life that I am most loyal. At the end of the day I only have God to answer to and I feel very comfortable with my relationship with Him. My husband and my kids are what make my life go round and round everyday and they accept me unconditionally; warts and all. I share my viewpoints, ideals and opinions here in this blog because that's why I made it. I don't expect everyone to agree with me or disagree with me. But I also don't express them to start arguments or for others to question my feelings toward them and their own. We are all human beings with our own belief systems and beyond all else I respect that individuality. I mean really, if y'all thought like me how boring would my life be???

So, please, take everything I say here with a grain of salt...especially if you don't agree!! Please be sure of my love for YOU. Be confident that even if you and I disagree, our relationship means more than that topic to me and who is right/who is wrong doesn't matter. In 15 years it won't matter who became president, but our love for each other will.

I love you!
Becky

2 comments:

Livy said...

I wish I were as confident as you are Becky. It's one of the things I have respected and admired most about you.

I am not that way... well, openly... see... already hesitating to step out on that limb.

I blog every day and 99% of what I express doesn't make it to my public display and as mentioned on my page, half the time I pull blogs because they are deep and complex 'for me'...

I love your strength, I love that you have always put yourself right out there so that nothing is ever questioned about your position.

I don't know what mustered up this blog for you... but I want you to know that I respect your beliefs even if they are not like my own.

Livy

Miss Mandy said...

I second livy - you've always been who you are w/ out restraint. It's one of the things I love MOST.

As for blogging, I do it for me too. Not for ratings. Not for stats. I don't even keep track.

Keep writing. Keep venting. Keep it up!