Sunday, March 15, 2009

Clarification

Ok...so I had it all wrong with the quilt my Auntie sent. And how it actually works is even cooler!!!

There IS a group that makes these quilts for people requesting prayer. But I was wrong about the ladies making it, sitting in a group to tie and pray. They make it then hang it at the church with a description of the person needing it, what they need for prayer and then the congregation ties and prays as they pass it!! My cousin Keith's daughters even prayed for Mark and tied a knot with their precious little hands!!

My cup runneth over.


And then to prove it my mom sent me this picture last night.  Allison got a camera for grades last year and she randomly will go into fits of taking pictures CONSTANTLY!!!  She grabbed it while packing to live with Nana and Papa and found this cool picture of her daddy.  My dad printed it out for her room.  Talk about tear jerker.  She is a Daddy's girl through and through.
This is todays view out our window.  You can't see the rain, but it's pouring out there.  It's a perfect representation of how our day is going.  
 Mark is feeling like crap again.  His stomach just won't quit and now his head is hurting him again.  His platelets were down to 9 today AFTER he received a transfusion yesterday and they were 11 then!  I'm not quite getting how that works.  So he'll get more today and I pray they work.   He had a bloody nose for most of the night which is very scary when you don't have platelets to clot it up.  It never got out of hand thankfully...he's just really tired today.  He's started developing these weird rashes.  He has one on his forehead, one on his back, and then today his eyelids.  He can barely open his eyes at the moment.  What is it?  Dunno.  Where did it come from?  Dunno.  How can we get rid of it?  Dunno.  Welcome to the life of a chemo patient.  He's sleeping now which is wonderful.  Hopefully with a little rest he'll be feeling better by this afternoon and we can continue with our Star Trek marathon!  



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, this is my first time posting on a blog. Not even sure it will work. Matter of fact, I finally figured out how to get here and spent the morning going through all the posts! When doing this, I kept flashing back to Mark's picture when he was wearing the sailor suit -- don't know why, but that's what I saw. My thoughts are with you daily Mark. Hang in there! My love to you.....Cindy

Becky J Erbes said...

It worked!

Hehe I love that pic!! It's way better than the one of him in the coat where he looks like a beautiful little girl!!! :D

Vacant said...

Oh Mark... from what I understand about chemo it has all kinds of side affects. You hang in there buddy... we're rooting for you...

Thank you for posting like you do Becky.

Oh and the quilt prayer is so fantastic. That's wonderful!!! =)

Thinking of you all... Livy

Miss Mandy said...

I check your blog first thing every morning & before I go to bed.

Thank you for keeping us updated. I think I speak for everyone when I say "We love you guys"