Sunday, March 15, 2009

Today's Ailment....

We actually have a diagnosis on this one!!  It's a miracle!!!  Mark has Bacterial Folliculitis, which is an infection (caused from his own body's bacteria) in his follicles!  It has caused a rash on his forehead, the rash on his eyelids and spots around his back and chest.  Our infectious control doc put him on a hefty antibiotic today and the swelling on his eyes is almost completely gone, but the nurse said the redness (looks like I beat him up in his sleep) will remain for up to a week.  He can open his eyes normally now so that is a blessing.

His stomach continues to trouble him, but they have ruled out all infections...it's just the chemo has destroyed the lining in his small intestine and he has to barrel through it until his white cells are high enough to fix it.  Understandably so this discomfort (ha...such a weak word to express what's happening to him) has made him EXTREMELY grumpy.  He has no patience for anything or anyONE...including me.  I've just sat in my corner all day and read my book.  At this point I'm encouraging him to allow the nurses to keep him drugged up so he can sleep through it.  I can't imagine this will go on too much longer...we're coming up on a week of it.

So I hope nobody feels ignored if you've texted him.  Hopefully he'll feel a little more like himself tomorrow and will respond to the wonderful messaged y'all send to him everyday.  They mean the world and he loves getting them!

4 more days til the bone marrow test that will tell us what the chemo did; although it will be several days after that til we get results I'm sure.  Dedicated prayer for remission, Dear Prayer Warriors!!  That is what we want and nothing less!  :)  We know it's what will happen, but let's continue to pray for it anyway!

All for tonight!  Sleep well, My Friends.  

-B-

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I'm sorry he's hurting. I'm glad you can just roll with it. You needed a good excuse to drown yourself in a book anyways, didn't you?

**Hugs** to you both.