Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Well, it's happened....

The man's hair has officially started coming out.  He ran his fingers through it a bit ago and out came about 15 strands in his fingers.  DOH!  Oh well, he'll be just as handsome baldy!

Not too much going on in our little world today.  He was pretty tired this morning because night shift was in and out of here so much last night...and every time they came in they asked if he needed anything; whether he was asleep or not!  LOL  Very nice but...common!!  So he was pretty much zonked this morning.  Gave me an opportunity to shoot home, get some clean clothes, grab a shower and head back.  I got to see Lukey and Gracie briefly, and of course my Mommy.  My house is big and empty and cold.  It's so weird to be in there with no dogs barking.  It's getting REALLY dusty too!! LOL

Mark's fancy platelets should be here this afternoon.  So we are really hoping those will help him.  One of the docs thinks his eye rash and facial discomfort is possibly a fungal infection.  Did another CT scan on his head this morning that "looked normal" but he still thinks there might be the beginnings of this infection so he's treating him for it.  There are so many drugs pumping through Mark's body I wonder if there's any of his own fluids left!!!

On the home front the kids are doing great.  They are enjoying being at Nana and Papa's.  Our friend Sadie actually gave them a bunk bed set up and Dad put it up for the kids in the extra room.  The queen is on the bottom and the twin up above.  It's really cool and the kids love it!  Luke and Grace love sleeping together and the top bunk is just like Allie's bed at home.  I'm sure they will all sleep even better now.  Luke is reading SO well now!!  Mom has been working with him and it's finally clicked!  She even recorded him reading a school book for Mark today on her cell.  It was so cool!!  He's looking forward to being able to "read Daddy to sleep" when he gets home!  Allie and I got to chat on the computer last night and that was a lot of fun.  I can't believe how old she is!  The only way I could tell it was her and not Mom was that her typing is slower!  I'm sure that will speed up too though after all this is over!  Gracie said for the first time yesterday that she missed her Mama.  Out of the blue she told Mom that.  Two weeks is pretty long for her JUST to miss me....but it's ok!  At least I know how comfortable and well taken care of!!  It makes it easier on everyone...especially me...that they don't whine about missing us and can just carry on with everyday life.  Kids are so resilient that way I suppose...but I just feel like my babies are EXTRA special!  Cuz...well, they ARE!  :D

As for me, I'm hanging in there!  I'm just hanging out with my on line buddies (which now includes all my real life friends as well!), read my books, mess with the computer, and watch over my Beloved.  I feel really comfortable with a lot of these nurses and am enjoying the "clinical" side of this experience.  I've decided that after all this is over I'm going back to school  to become a nurse.  I wasn't sure what God had in store for me after the kids were all in school and my days would slow down, but I feel this is my calling.  I have an old friend that is just completing the RN program and has tons of insight.  He's offered to help me zip through as fast as possible with short cuts and mentoring.  He's already getting a list together for me of first steps.  I'm hoping that come summer, Mark will be feeling more like himself and I can start with a couple easy classes to get me into the swing of learning again.  Gotta oil up these old brain cells that have done nothing but Dr. Seuss book since 1999!  He's actually going to be here at the hospital with his wife this Thursday to have a baby so not only do I get to see him but I get to have some BABY THERAPY too!!  Oh my, you have NO idea how much I'm looking forward to that!!!  Nothing better than a newborn to make you feel relaxed!

I'm feeling chatty today I guess!!  Enough for now!  

God Bless
~B~

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Hey you never know, you might get used to the bald and beautiful look...we like it :)

I hope it's a good day today, any word on the new custom made platelets?