Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Stupid game?

Many people in my life and my husband's life have scoffed at our addiction to WoW. Playing that stupid game has consumed a lot of time and we know that, but it's been an escape, a datenight, a good time for us for over three years now. One thing that I always say about it is that MY enjoyment is mostly the people I meet, the friendships that we have built...yes, REAL friendships.

One of those people has proven today how right I've been.

He has found a way for EVERYONE to help Mark. Every single person who reads this blog and all of your friends, family, church family, people you meet on the street...can ALL help. Here's how.

An exerp from an email received today from our game friend Sean:

"After talking to my mother who works for the health department she told me what they will do is take my blood and I have to give them marks info and after that they will give him blood credit. So that means anyone that wants to help can they don't need to have the same blood type the more people that give the better off mark will be. Do get everyone to give and get him a big poll of blood the more credits he has the more likely they are to get the blood there for him."

After I hear from him later on and find out exactly what info you need, I will post it here.

Thank you, Sean. Our game friend, our angel. I love you.

Mark had a rough night. The infection in his lungs just won't leave him alone. His body is so sore and it's keeping him from the rest he needs. They've up'd his pain meds this morning so hopefully he'll get "knocked out" and be able to sleep. They are giving him more blood today because the 3 units yesterday barely budged his red blood cells. Went from 6.8 to 8.8.

Please be aware that Mark cannot have live plants, flowers, fruits, veggies...anything like that around him. I know you all want to send him stuff to show you are thinking of him. We FEEL your prayers, we feel your thoughts and well wishes. But live agriculture can potentially infect him with something else he can't fight.

Today is a rest day. Chemo starts tomorrow. Pray for Mark to find some comfort in his sick body today so he CAN rest.

Will post more later.

3 comments:

Vacant said...

I have been researching and looking into just what your friend described, although I was not aware of this benefitting (sp) Mark. I would love to donate in his honor and in his name.

I was also looking up bone marrow transplant information too. I have a link on my page that I found to fill out information, but I need to find more information. I don't know if it's better to just talk to a physician at the hospital or continue on the web... anyway, I was trying not to feel so helpless by getting involved in donations.

I'll let you know what I find. Give Mark our best and you too. Love you, Us

Kathy said...

Dear Mark & Becky,

Thinking and caring for you.

Hal, Jag, Max, and I are watching your house for you.

Stay strong.

Hal and Kathy McCall

Rebecca said...

Thanks for the consistent updates. We know you have alot going on there, and appreciate your keeping us all in the loop.

Hugs to you and prayers for a restful day.