Monday, March 16, 2009

Friggin special!!

We all knew that Mark was special!  (some of us know it's in that little yellow school bus, helmet with a chin strap way...)  We found out today that he is so special, that they have to make special platelets for him!  Now, ask me what that means!!!  dunno.  Something about matching him specifically to platelets that will effect him the best.  He's gotten a transfusion for the last four days and they haven't really done anything.  Last night right after his transfusion they drew a sample and he was up to 17, but this morning he was back down to 9.  I haven't gotten a clear answer as to why this happens...and believe me...I asked.  Pretty much the answers to all the questions this last week were "well, with chemo patients..." blah blah blah.

Very frustrating.

So this morning his face is hurting.  The rash has spread, his eyes are swollen and purple.  It's even on the roof of his mouth.  He's miserable but we're keeping him drugged.  His platelets will be here soon.  That's about IT.  Gonna be another book day for me!!  

Til next blog!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

**sigh**

How frustrating. I hope Mark can get plenty of rest (he's probably SO SICK OF RESTING) and kick this new issue to the curb. Will this latest ailment affect this thursday's procedure?

Let me know when you're ready for the next book in the series.


Hugs to you both...

Anonymous said...

I just had to say that your blog today made me laugh. I think all husbands are "SPECIAL".
I hope that things get better for you and mark.
Just remember everyday is another day closer to your "PAYDAY" ( as our pastor Joel osteen calls it) which is the day he is in remission and going home.