Monday, March 9, 2009

March 9th

Can you believe I had such a "normal" day that I almost forgot to blog??? Praise God for small favors!

I'm just sitting here on my couch with a glass of wine (oh yes...I still drink wine even in sterile environments!) watching the feel good show EXTREME home makeover...feeling all warm and fuzzy! From the SHOW not the wine!!!

I went home for a few hours today. Took a shower (oh how I miss my hot shower!), did a load of laundry (mark needed clean panties!), saw the babies (they are fine and were ready to go back to nana's house!). When I got back, Mark had finished receiving two units of blood and was feeling pretty good! He didn't get a chance to sleep much today as the nurses and docs were in and out all day long, but he was feeling better. His stomach isn't bothering him quite as much....Dr. Caton has him on some anti acids and some pain meds that are helping with that. Also the infectious disease doc was in and said he was not only taking him off the hard core anti biotics and putting him on preventative, but also taking away some of the precautions. This means that we can now see our nurses faces instead of yellow masks and eyes! It's the little things.

Only two days left of this batch of chemo. Dr. Caton said that after this the doses will be much lighter and easier on Mark's system. He'll still experience the side effects, and it will get worse over time, but it won't be like THIS.

I expect we will have a good night's sleep. Mark's cough is almost completely gone now. They did another chest xray to check on his pneumonia but I haven't seen the results. Although I can tell ya just from being in this room that it's better. He's suffering much less.

I enjoyed the most awesome cookies I've had in a LONG time from a long time family friend Chris. Oh my I'm in trouble!!! I've been having to ignore the temptation all night!! SO good! I also received like, the worlds BEST care package today from my shouldabeensisterbestfriend Rebecca!!! It was like Christmas in a diaper box! Thanks you SO much Bec!! I'm gonna enjoy having a REAL cup of coffee in the morning instead of the nasty hospital crap!! How they call that "coffee" is beyond me!

It's the little things.

Goodnight to you all! God bless and sleep tight!

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Christmas in a diaper box...ROFLMAO woman you CRACK.ME.UP.

Anything for a smile :)

Sleep well my friend.

Vacant said...

Glad you guys had a mild day and you got to go home for a few hours. You guys sleep well tonight. Keeping you close in prayers. Livy

Miss Mandy said...

I check your blog first thing in the morning for an update. Thanks for keeping us all informed.

Love you guys.

Anonymous said...

Becky,has anyone offered to set up an account for expenses,etc.I would be willing to set out collection containers or do a fundraiser at the pizza place,whatever you guys may need.Just let me know and I'm on it.Or if anyone is already doing this,let me know and I will participate! Loves to you all!
Lisa Whitney

Miss Mandy said...

Lisa - I think Leroy was going to set up a Paypal account. Not sure if it's done yet though.

Becky J Erbes said...

Yep our friend Leroy got this started.

The paypal address is

bbnbears@centurytel.net

Or if people want to mail checks they can to

PO Box 91
Creswell, OR 97426

Thanks so much for thinking of it too, Lisa! You guys are more on top of it than I am!