Sunday, March 29, 2009

WE ARE HOME!!!

First off I must apologize for the last few days of being MIA!  We were without internet at the hospital for about three days the end of the week and then without a computer for the last two days!  Luckily though, not TOO much was going on...lots of the same old stuff for me to ramble on and on about that you were fortunate to have missed!  :P

The most wonderful news that I didn't get to share was the improvement in Mark's blood counts.  It was nothing short of a miracle.  They came back SO fast that the doctor was even shocked!!  On Tuesday Mark was still feeling kinda bad and nothing had really come up, by Friday his counts were almost back to normal!  It happened SO fast.  And today, the doc came in and said "How would you like to go home"?  HA!  Would we!!!!  There is only one of his counts that isn't normal...EVERY OTHER COUNT IS NORMAL!  Praise God!  PRAISE GOD!!!

Mark is having a couple weeks of "free time".  He gets to be normal until 4-13 when we go back to the hospital for his consolidation chemo.   He can have visitors, he can eat whatever he wants, he can even go shopping if he wants!  (ya right! LOL)  After these two weeks we will be back to not having people over a lot and all that, but for now...come one come all!!!  We are going to have an early birthday party for Mark two weekends from now and we'll be living it up outside (weather permitting) with the bbq going, deck time and lots of hugs for everyone!!  I imagine it'll be a bit like our 4th party without the fireworks and alcolhol!  LOL  I will be sure to post the day and time as we get that figured out, but it will be 4/10-12...one of those three days.

A huge shoutout to all of you that made it to my last minute "clean sweep"!!  I couldn't have done it without you guys thank you SO much!!!  The house looks and feels awesome and every room I go in I just thank God for our wonderful, amazing, generous family and friends!  We are SO blessed!!!!

Now that I have my computer back I can blog again and keep you guys updated better...of course I won't have much to update you on anymore!!  LOL We will be seeing Dr. Caton again at the end of the week so I'm sure there will be something to share from that.  We are still awaiting that flat 3 ligand test also, so keep the prayers going on negative results for that one!

Love you all!!!
~B~

3 comments:

The Pelroys said...

Oh my goodness you guys must be in heaven being home! Our God is so amazing...two normal weeks at home...what a blessing!

Well, Ryan and I will definitely be at the Part'ay...but it is the a weekend Martin will be working
:-(

We'll have to have pizza the Thursday or Friday before when we can all hang out! But I am positive we'll see you guys before then.

Welcome home guys...we love you!

Anonymous said...

I was so sad I didn't get to say Goodbye and I was there today! I walked by the room and it was EMPTY!!! I am so happy every thing went so well! Daysha!

Anonymous said...

We are so HAPPY that you are all home together!! Keep up those positive results.

Thinking of you every day,
Rosa Lee and Randy