Friday, March 13, 2009

Yes I did!

Forget to post last night!!  OH I suck and I'm so sorry!!!!

We slept last night!  Thank God for small favors.  Yesterday was touch and go. Obviously it started off terribly.  We hardly got any sleep night before last and the residual effects of that in addition to Mark's stomach issues made the morning rough.  However, when he woke up in early afternoon he was feeling much better.  We even got him into the shower (which made him feel better still) and watched a bit of a movie before he slept again.  He was able to eat better since the swelling in his mouth had gone down and he even got snippy with me a couple times!!!  Never thought I'd like that.  LOL  (ok...maybe LIKE is a bit of an exaggeration....)

Yesterday evening marked the end of the first round of chemo!  Woot!!  They took it down at about 7.  Now we have a week of managing pain, controlling viruses and dealing with the side effects that will undoubtably come now.  Next Thursday will be the next bone marrow test (which the doc promised to knock him out for!) and the results of that will show if my Beloved is in remission or not.  Y'all know what to be praying for now!!! 



The kids ready for bed.  Mom sends pics or videos to Mark daily.
You asked for it...here I am looking all glammed out.  Oh ya baby.  ick.  LOL
Our friend Martin went had gave blood yesterday and brought me the coffee cup!! I love it!!!!
Martin and Mark.  See his bandage???  :D
The sunset yesterday from our window!  GORGEOUS!!!




3 comments:

Vacant said...

I love it when you post pictures!

I love Marks thumbs up and the picture of the both of you. Becky, you look so studious... did I spell that right? Book wormish... I love it hippy chick!

*Praying for remission* =)

Becky, did they ever come and indicate if he had inversion 16?

Love you guys, Livy

Rebecca said...

Love the pics, and hey I guess if you have to be in the hospital for a month, the least you could get is a decent sunset every now and then. Love the coffee cup, way to go Marvin :)

That picture of the two of you is priceless. I can't wait until the two of you are going through pictures in 5 years, you'll look back on that one and say "Dang baby, remember that one? That was right after that first round of chemo. What a treacherous mountain that was...but it was a mountain we scaled together..."

Love you guys.

Anonymous said...

Oh how I wish I could've come up and visited with you guys last night! Did Martin pass on a hug from me?!

He was determined to do two things yesterday...1-give blood and 2-see you guys, it was great to hear him talk about Mark when he got home! He misses him a lot! And I miss you guys a lil bit too ;0)

Will pray the tests come back soon and show that Mark kicked this things hiney!

Love and Hugs.