Tuesday, March 3, 2009

March 3 AM

Mark had a rough night. The viral infection he's got is making him cough so much. It's a hard raspy cough that won't allow him to catch his breath. Kinda sucks. Currently his legs and feet are really swollen from all the fluids and lack of movement. There is a concern for blood clots so they have "boots" on his legs that blow up with air to keep the circulation going. He can't get blood clots. Because his platelets are so low they would not be able to treat the clots as they normally would because it would cause him to bleed out. He cannot get blood clots...please pray for that.

The oncologist has not been in yet, but I thought I'd just fill ya in a bit since I had a few minutes of quiet. Thank you all for keeping tabs on us, for keeping the prayers going, and for all your wonderful messages and comments. I am reading every one of them to Mark and we are enjoying them immensly!!! Nobody is overwhelming us so please, comment and message away!!! We are so blessed to have all of your support and we know it!!

Love you all so much, Becky and Mark

2 comments:

Vacant said...

I miss working in the hospital. I can't even begin to tell ya! Listening to you talk about everything makes me wish I could hop back into the job and do what I loved... I miss it.

I'm sorry he had a rough night. Dang. Tell him Abbey has sympathy for the cough thing. Her asthma has been giving her a go and her chest hurts so bad that she cries every time she is about to have a fit.

She has been asking about all of you. She misses you so much Becky.

Anyway, I love seeing you come on line. You have no idea. I wave every time I see you. =)

Rebecca said...

So Mark's got some fancy new boots, huh? I guess I'd always envisioned him in the Harley Davidson biker boots, not so much the fancy ICU-issued air boots. It does have a bit of a cosmic ring to it though, eh?

I'm glad things are looking up for you guys. There are so many people praying for a swift recovery. I know you'll kick this thing to the curb. I'm really sorry though that you had to say goodbye to the kids for a month. That reaaaalllly sucks. Often times Don and I will argue over who has it worse when he goes away, and I still say he does - just because he has to be away from the kids.

But you know...if there's one thing I'm good at, it's planning a homecoming :) Let me know if you want some help with that, Beck.

I love you guys.