Friday, March 20, 2009

IT'S A QUILT!!!

Look at this perfect blog background!!!  It's a QUILT!  Just like the quilt hug I snuggle in CONSTANTLY in this room and like the prayer quilt Mark won't allow to leave his side!  I saw this and just knew it was meant to be on our blog!  It's the little things.

Oh and the new Title picture is called "Heaven's Light".  Amen!

Today was mild and ordinary!  LOVE those days!  Mark was feeling well and got spunky near the end of the day! LOL (that means sassy and grumpy to those that don't understand when I'm nice....)  We had a lovely visit from our neighbor Kathy who is in a program here at the hospital where she and her Golden Retriever Jag come visit the patients!  I didn't even know they did this until last week when all of a sudden here she was!  What a wonderful surprise!!  And today she came in to say hi to Mark.  Jag was at the door and when we told him he could come in to say hi, Mark said "Hi Jag!" and he scrambled right over to him tail a waggin to get at Mark!  I honestly think he recognized him!  I mean, we see him enough around home!  It was amazing and made Mark's day!!  LOL  Amazing what a little pet on a big dog  can do for the spirits!  It was so nice catching up with Kathy too.   She walks around our house to make sure everything looks good and then keeps an eye on it from next door.  We seriously have the best neighbors EVER!  Kathy and Hal with their beautiful dogs Jag and Max (the guard dogs!), and then Karen and Clyde on the other side.  They truly are extentions of our family and I'm sure when we return home that will be even MORE true!  Mark keeps saying that when he's well he's gonna be passing out random hugs constantly!  I'm sure these two families will be first in line!

Other than that it's been pretty uneventful. Mark got another 3 units of blood today so he should be nice and perky tomorrow...no platelets but I'm sure we'll get those again in the morning.  I got a print out of the bone marrow test saying there are ZERO cancer cells in his body at the moment...I think I might frame it!  I know we have a long way to go and there's still "possibilities" of other problems, but for now I'm just reeling with this good news.  I mean seriously...just a little over 3 weeks ago we thought Mark had mono.  Now he's in remission from Leukemia???  Who does this happen to???  WOW!  We are blessed indeed!

Mark did get good sleep last night which was the plan.  I think I was awake more than him for the first time!  HEY, I'm an Erbes...I can sleep ANYWHERE!!!  LOL!  The ambian really helped him I think and the nurses left him alone for the most part.  Funny how simple silence can be such a blessing!  If only they knew! LOL  The plan is the same for tonight as far as I know so we shall see!

Well, that's all for tonight!  God bless and sleep good!  I think we will!!  :)

2 comments:

Vacant said...

I have to tell you that just like with my Mom, sister and Abbey over last summer when all those lab results came back indicating the opposite of what we were originally told about their medical conditions, I was left reeling then, I'm sure you recall.

The same thing yet again yesterday when you said Mark was in remission. I had always been told that remission isn't declared until 5 years after the cancer labs came back negative for the markers... so to hear of it in Mark in less than a month was so over the moon, unbelievable that it was just one more indicator that God is always capable of reversing that original dealt hand.

Congratulations Mark.

Becky, isn't that layout place cute, where you got the quilt back ground. MY FAVORITE. =)

Have a good night you guys. I'm glad things are clearly moving in the 'right' direction. I hope it keeps up this way because to see all of you this summer would be fantastic!

Love you much, Livy

Anonymous said...

Hey Mark. Feel better. Thoughts are with you and I hope you get out of that hospital soon.

Greg